The Himalaya group is, of course, one of the world’s great mountain ranges, with nine of the top 10 highest peaks on earth. It traverses a distance of 2,500 kilometres and separates the Indian subcontinent from China and the Tibetan plateau. In Uttarakhand alone, there are at least 10 peaks that are over 7,000 metres high.
Whether for spiritual, sight-seeing, trekking or mountain-climbing reasons, the Himalayas of Kumaon are one of the best reasons to visit this lovely region.
- Day 1: Arrive in Kathgodam.
We will receive you in a private chauffeur car followed by a road trip to Bhimtal. Arrive by evening. Rest of the day is at leisure.
- Day 2: Village life experiences.
- Guided tour - Village walk in traditional Kumaoni village.
- Depending upon the season, get involved in sowing or harvesting with the locals.
- Dairy farming experience.
- Vegetable farming and cooking experience. Bring back your own collection of vegetables from the farm, and learn a few recipes of Kumaon.
- Horse riding in the evening.
- Day 3: Adventure experience
Guided tour – Full day trek of medium difficulty with packed lunch.
- Day 4: Departure
- Guests will be asked to declare their city of travel and basic health status via a form before the booking. This is for the safety of guests and the hosts.
- All the accommodations will run on the reduced capacity to maintain social distancing.
- Ginger tea will be served daily for immunity.
- Daily morning and evening temperature checks of all guests and staff by thermal meters.
- All guests are requested to wear masks at all times when they are out of the room.
- Guests are requested to carry their own hand sanitizers.
- All rooms will be sanitized before the guest's check-in and after they check-out.
- Hot water will be available for bathing as soon as the guests arrive at the accommodation.
- Meals will be served separately to a different set of guests, not in common rooms.
- All interaction between guests and hosts will be contactless.
- The taxis provided will be sanitized before receiving the guests.